Spring 2018 School of Education Convocation
The KU School of Education Convocation Ceremony will be held on Sat., May 12, 2018 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Allen Fieldhouse. This ceremony is for all School of Education students (undergraduate, graduate, and online) from all five academics departments who finish their degrees in the following semesters: Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018, or who will complete all requirements during Summer 2018.
- Students must register to participate in the ceremony. Online registration will be available mid-March.
- There is no limit on the number of guests you are allowed to have, nor any tickets required to attend.
- Students will be grouped by degree and department and will have a designated seating area.
- Students will cross the stage and be individually recognized.
- A professional photographer will take photographs and send electronic proofs. You may purchase the photos if you wish, but certainly are not obligated to do so.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed on this website and a video posted after the ceremony.
- Students should arrive between 9:45-10:05; check in and name card pick-up will be at the Anschutz Sports Pavilion, which is attached to the northwest corner of Allen Fieldhouse. There will be signs to help direct you.
- Students will line up according to degrees but not alphabetically at 10:15.
- Guests should arrive no earlier than 9:45 – the School of Engineering ceremony will not end until 9:30 and they must have time to exit the building. Guests should enter through the east doors and the Booth Family Hall of Athletics. There will be an Info Table at the back of Booth.
- You and your guests are encouraged to park in Lot 90, just across Naismith Drive to the east of the Fieldhouse. Guests needing special accommodations will park south of the Fieldhouse – that whole lot (70/71) will be restricted to those needing accessible parking and for drop off only. The School of Engineering is at the Fieldhouse before us and they have asked their students and guests to park in the parking garage.
- There will be bottles of water for students – the Fieldhouse is not air-conditioned. You should wear your cap and gown (and hood for masters, specialists and doctoral students.) However, if it starts getting hot in the Fieldhouse, you are welcome to take off your gown before and after your name is called and you walk across the stage area. Please be sure to wear something cool but appropriate under your gown!
- Your guests are welcome to bring water. There will also be at least one concession stand open. The Fieldhouse staff says that bringing stadium seats in is fine, but they do not work on the bleachers on the first level.
- The first two rows of every section on the first & second level are reserved for people needing accessible seating. Please ask your guests to leave those seats for those who really need them! If you have made arrangements for accessible seats, you will receive a separate email with instructions.