You will find yourself in good company as an international student at the University of Kansas, located in Lawrence, Kansas - the heart of the United States. As a new international student, you will join thousands of students who have come from more than 110 countries in every region of the world. The Office of International Recruitment and and Undergraduate Admissions (IRUA) will assist prospective international students and processes the undergraduate applications for admission to KU.
If you meet the following qualifications, you will be classified by KU as an international student. You should apply through the Office of International Recruitment & Undergraduate Admissions if:
- You are not a U.S. citizen.
- You are currently in any non-immigrant status.
- Your application for U.S. permanent residence is pending (not yet approved).
- You do not have approved U.S. permanent residence.
- You do not have approved refugee status.
- You do not have approved political asylum.
- You once had an immigration status but are currently considered out-of-status.