Preparing Educators as Leaders

Take the next step and achieve your goals.

You see yourself at KU. Now see what it takes. All new transfer students must first gain admission to the University of Kansas through the Office of Admissions or International Undergraduate Admissions. Some of our brightest transfer students come to us from the following area institutions:

Allen Community College Barton County Community College
Butler Community College Cowley College
Garden City Community College Highland Community College
Hutchinson Community College Johnson County Community College
Kansas City KS Community College Metropolitan Community College
Neosho Community College And more!

Transferring Credit

KU accepts transfer credit from regionally accredited college, universities, and community colleges. Many classes at your current or former school may be transferred to KU. However, you must submit official transcripts of completed course work before a final determination can be made. Also, KU uses a Transfer Equivalency System called CredTran, which is provided as a guide to how classes at your current or former school are transferred to KU. CredTran provides information on how credits you've earned at other schools may transfer to KU, including:

  • Advanced Placement Credits
  • International Baccalaureate Credits
  • College Level Examination Program Credits
  • Retroactive credit for foreign language classes
  • Exemptions based on ACT/SAT scores
  • Credit for military courses and basic training

Visit with one of our KU Pre-Education Advisors to learn more.


We're ready to show
you around.
Just name the date.

Learn from the best. Become a Jayhawk.

We'll help you
do the math.
Costs & scholarships

Connect with KU School of Education

KU School of Education Facebook page KU School of Education YouTube Channel KU School of Education Twitter Feed KU School of Ed instagram icon KU School of Ed LinkedIn icon