National Advisory Board Mission Statement
The mission of the University of Kansas School of Education National Advisory Board is to promote excellence within the School through involving alumni and friends in support of the School's programs and future developments.
Serving on the Board is by invitation and is a distinction which carries with it certain obligations:
- Demonstrated commitment to the profession of education.
- Advocate for the School of Education through involvement in activities such as student recruitment, alumni events, and special programs sponsored by the School of Education.
- Participate in local alumni events such as KU Alumni Association chapter meetings nationally and in local School of Education alumni receptions.
- Provide leadership and support initiatives to obtain financial support for the School of Education.
- Attend National Advisory Board meetings.
Following are examples of projects that have been initiated by the Board:
- Encouraging development of the Deans Club
- Organizing and hosting School of Education alumni events nationwide
- Providing awards, e.g.
- The Apple Award for Distinguished Achievement in Education
- The Excellence in Teaching Award
- Ten Senior Leadership Awards
- Assisting the School in securing financial support for
- Graduate and undergraduate scholarships
- Faculty development
- School awards and special events