It's never too early to begin planning.
When you arrive at KU as a freshman, you might already know you want to be an educator or wellness professional. Perfect - it's never too early to begin preparing for your academic program. As a freshman, you'll have access to an entire team of academic advisors who are ready to help you navigate your program options and support you in your preparation for the application and admission process required for your professional program at the KU School of Education.
Are you a high school junior or senior interested in attending KU to become a teacher or wellness professional? Let us help you! We encourage you to schedule a formal campus visit through the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Once you have registered for your visit, we'll coordinate with the Undergraduate Admissions Office to schedule a Prospective Student Advising Appointment with one of our academic advisors. Schedule your future visit today!
Are you a current KU student eligible for Pre-Education Advising?
If you are planning to apply to one of the KU School of Education undergraduate programs and have completed the required number of credit hours (12 for Teacher Education & 24 for HSES) with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75, you are eligible to sign up for a Pre-Education Advising session through MySuccess.
If you have already applied to the KU School of Education, please wait until you receive your admission decision notification to schedule a one-on-one advising appointment. You will receive your admission decision notification via postal mail near fall break of the fall semester. To schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, please sign up for a specific day/time through MySuccess
Things to know:
- Sign up for ONE session.
- ONLY sign up for the session that fits your major:
- Teacher Education students should sign up for a Teacher Education Advising Session.
- Health, Sport, & Exercise Sciences students (Exercise Science, Community Health, Athletic Training, and Sport Management) for a HSES Advising Session.
- You will receive individual advising during this pre-education advising session.
- Please DO NOT set up an individual appointment, unless you are advised to do so by a School of Education advisor.
How to access and use MySuccess:
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click the link on the left side: "MySuccess."
- Make sure you are at the Home page.
- Look at your MySuccess Network.
- Find your advisors name.
- Click on "See Available Appointments."
- You should then see the Teacher Ed or HSES Advising sessions.
- Select the time that works for you.
- Click the green circle and fill out your information.
After you make an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the date and time you signed up. Remember, only sign up for ONE Pre-Education Advising Session.