Strategies for Educational Improvement Summer Conference
View the promotional flier here (pdf).
The official theme for the 2018 Strategies for Educational Improvement Summer Conference is Teaching in a Digital & Diverse Space. View the 2017 Conference Agenda (pdf).
Conference Date & Location
Join us on Friday, June 1, 2018 at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kan. This full-day event will be at the Kansas Union (pdf) on campus. View information on parking & directions (pdf) through campus.
2018 Keynote Speakers
Brad Neuenswander, Deputy Commissioner for the Kansas State Department of Education
Exploring the Educational Frontier
Ron Brown, Director of School Safety for Topeka Public Schools
School Safety in Today's School Environment
TED Talk-style Presentations: Kansas Teachers of the Year (pdf)
- Samantha ("Sam") J. Neill | Controlling the Narrative: The Power of a Connected Educator
- Jennifer Donovan | Creating a Mindset for Learning
- Jamie Manhant | Making the Connection Between the Classroom & the Real World
- Megan E. Nagel | Everything I Needed to Know About Teaching I Have Learned From My Students
- Angela ("Angie") R. Powers | Creating Affirming Classrooms Across Kansas
- Gilbert ("Gil") R. Still, Jr. | Recognizing & Valuing Diversity in Your Classroom
- Sarah C. VenJohn | Leading the Change in Your School
- Bradley ("Brad") W. Weaver | Building Bridges Through Partnerships in the Classroom & Community
Call for Proposals
The call for proposals for the 2018 conference is now closed. The deadline to submit was May 1 at 11:59 p.m. View the 2017 Conference Sessions here (pdf).
Participant registration for the 2018 Summer Strategies Conference is open. Register online here.
Please note, individuals who participate in the Summer Strategies Conference can receive a certificate of completion from the School of Education upon request to be used within districts that offer professional development points for educator advancement.
Sponsor and exhibitor registration for the 2018 conference is open. Individuals and organizations who are interested in serving as a sponsor or exhibitor at the 2018 event are encouraged to complete our online registration form here.