Paper application for Kansas initial license or additional endorsements
Most applicants will not use a paper form – please read details under the "About" tab first.
- Download Form 1 (.doc) and complete Section A (first page only). Please print clearly. Complete # 9 the best you can with your subject and level.
- Attach a check or money order for the fee payable to KSDE
- Attach a note with your KUID number , email address, and the month/year when you took the licensure exam(s) for this current application.
- A KU transcript is NOT required for the Form 1.
- Mail to Licensure Officer, KU School of Education, 1122 West Campus Rd., 211 JRP, Lawrence, KS 66049. Alisa will complete the Form 1 and forward it to KSDE.
- If you are trying to complete two actions at the same time (for example, renewing your regular education license and adding Adaptive), you must use two hardcopy forms. You should find the Form 4 Provisional application (instructions) on this web site and renewal forms at the KSDE web site. Only one fee, the higher of the two, will be charged if you submit all forms and supporting documents together. Send everything to Alisa first, then she will complete her part and submit the package to KSDE.
Please be aware that we must wait for final grades and degrees to be conferred in some cases.
If you are applying for Building Leadership, District Leadership, or Reading Specialist, you must hold the 5-year Professional teaching license in Kansas.