Most graduate practicum experiences require the student to complete a health/TB form and a background check, or provide proof that they have had both completed within a year of his/her practicum start date. Many districts also require the student to obtain personal/professional liability coverage. Please consult your faculty advisor or instructor about what forms and/or paperwork is required. He or she should also know if there is a specific handbook available for your experience and what is required of you during the practicum.
Submitting a Graduate Practicum request:
- The course instructor will share the details and requirements of the practicum with you.
- Fill out the Graduate Practicum Online Request form. Choose the district or site where you would like to complete your practicum as well as the preferred grade level. If you have a specific district, school and/or teacher you would like to request, include that information.
- Email Melissa Robinson at email@example.com to notify her that you have completed this form.
- Get any necessary paperwork completed and submitted to your faculty instructor or the Field Placement Office by the due date (provided by your practicum instructor).
- The Field Placement Office will email you when your placement is confirmed.
- Please contact your clinical supervisor and introduce yourself after you receive this email.