Technology and Computer Laboratories
The School's Instruction Laboratory is located in rooms 102 and 103 Joseph R. Pearson Hall. School of Education classes and scheduled workshops are held in this laboratoy. Both sides are equipped with Mac operating systems. Additionally, an instructor station supports both Mac and Windows (virtualized on the iMac) and can be projected on either side of the room.
JRP Instruction Laboratory Hours
The Instruction Laboratory is open to classes scheduled in the classroom. The Gale Sayers Computer Laboratory is available to students across the hall in room 104 JRP during normal business hours.
JRP Instruction Lab Reservation and Scheduling
The JRP Instruction Lab can be reserved if there are no classes scheduled. The laboratory contains Macintosh machines only.
JRP Instruction Laboratory Rules
- No food or drink near laboratory computers
- Do not save items to the desktop or the hard drive - please save your work to your pen drive, zip drive, flash drive, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, or any other data storage device of your choosing.
- This laboratory is for class use - the schedule is posted next to the laboratory door. Open laboratory is in room 104.
- Instructors should have orientation to equipment before using and should not unplug any equipment. Assistance can be found at the LRC desk.
- Projectors should be turned off after class is over.
We recommend that you have alternate storage device to store files. Here are some alternate ways to store your files. NOTE: You must provide your own storage device.
- Flash Drive, Zip Drive, Pen Drive
- Thaw Space Drive