Advising Admitted Students
Admitted Education students will be assigned a specific advisor who they will work with throughout their undergraduate career. Admitted students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor each semester to help ensure the student is on track for graduating.
- The following is a list of the current advisors who meet individually with students once they have been admitted into the School of Education:
- Sonja Heath: Elementary, Secondary History and Government
- Michele Casavant: Languages, Secondary English, Community Health
- Paula Naughtin: Early Childhood Education, Elementary, Middle Math and Science, Health and Physical Education
- Jana Collins: Exercise Science and Athletic Training
- Jorge Sierra: Sport Management, Exercise Science, and Community Health
- Program Sheets (under requirements tabs of each academic program)
- On-line calendar
During main enrollment admitted students will make appointment with their advisor by accessing their on-line calendar. To do so please follow these instructions below.
Advising appointments are made through your advisors MySuccess calendar.
How to Access MySuccess:
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click the link on the left side the says MySuccess.
- Log into Kyou portal.
- Choose MySuccess from the Services tab.
How to sign up for Advising on MySuccess:
- Make sure you are at the Home page
- Look at your MySuccess Network.
- Find your advisor
- Click on See available Appointments
- Pick the time that works for you, then click the green circle and fill out your information
After you make an appointment, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL confirming the date and time.
- HSES internship information (see resources)
- Student teaching website
- Licensure website for teacher education students.